Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

All Nighter

Options
Rusty Rooster
Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just started three butts. No guru so I will have to get up and check a few time but I have learned to trust my egg. I do have a remote thermometer, so if I wake and can see the temp. has gone up from the last time, hopefully I can go right back to sleep. Then comes the big challenge. Vac bagging it and hauling it 500 miles to Louisville, then borrowing a egg from my mothers next door neighbor. The parts of my family I am meeting there have never eaten off an egg. At their request, Mondays dinner will be ribs, Ricks Tropical delight fruit medly and portabellas with provalone. Maybe I will "sell" my brother-in-law on a egg and give my mother a treat. Should be a long and hopefully rewarding weekend.

Comments

• Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    Rusty Rooster,
    I don't get up anymore at night.... just make sure you have a good fire... egg stabilized! NO WORRIES

• Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Options
    Pharmeggist,
    I don't plan on getting up much. Maybe once or twice just to confirm the dome temp. I can check the meat temp from bed. I just need it to be pullable in time to have it bagged and chilled for transport late tomorrow afternoon. I am working from home tomorrow so that will make all a lot easier, no 50 mile each way trip to the office.