Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hot Wings - Recommendations???

Options
RU Eggsperienced
RU Eggsperienced Posts: 1,527
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anybody got a good recipe/guidline to share. Making these upon request from a friend who is grilling (nonegger) on the holiday. [p]Thanks!!![p]JerryD

Comments

• Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    JerryD,
    This recipe rocks.... from Our friends at Dizzy Pig. [p]Click on link below!!!

[ul][li]http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/recipesWings.html[/ul]
  • MakoBBQ
    MakoBBQ Posts: 230
    Options
    wings005.jpg
    <p />JerryD,
    I like to cook my indirect at 275 degrees for a couple hours. I sprinkle with the same rub I use on pork or sometimes I use Dizzy Dust.[p]I came across this Buffalo sauce by searching the internet. It's pretty good and plenty hot.[p]6oz Louisiana Hot Sauce
    ½ stick of butter
    1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
    ½ teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    2 tablespoons sugar
    2 teaspoon Dijon mustard[p]wings003.jpg[p]Serve with Celery and Blue Cheese Dressing.[p]wings006.jpg[p]

• amini1
    amini1 Posts: 105
    Options
    MakoBBQ,[p]Doesn't the skin come out very rubbery? I find if I cook chicken below about 400 degrees the skin is unedible. I thought maybe cooking them almost all the way and finishing them in an oven at high temp to crisp the outside. Any thoughts? I cook my wings direct at a petty high temp flipping fairly often. Brining also helps greatly.[p]Win
  • Suck Creek Wings
    Options
    JerryD,[p]Here are some methods we have used. "Suck Creek" style is the one that brings home the first place trophies.
    [ul][li]Wings[/ul]
  • MakoBBQ
    MakoBBQ Posts: 230
    Options
    amini1,
    As you can see in the picture, they are fairly crispy and not rubbery at all. Less maintanence with indirect as I only turn them once the entire cook and dont have the grease falling into the fire.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    JerryD,
    chefrd hot wings are good, i find they take a little longer to cook than the recipe calls for. also smoked to 160 then deep fried til crunchy is good then dipped in a hot sauce with melted butter. instead of blue cheese on the side ive also taken some hot spicey venegar sauce, or a cayenne kicked up mojo sauce and mixed it with mayo and plain yogurt to scoop on the spicey hot sauced wings.

[ul][li]chefrd[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    JerryD,[p]The original Buffalo wings are dipped in Frank's Rad Hot Sauce and butter. 50/50 and great stuff. Season the wings a little before you grill them.

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ