Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Polish sausage for the weekend holiday

Options
Clay Q
Clay Q Posts: 4,486
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
BGEPolish007.jpg
<p />Gonna be a great weekend. Pic's are worth a thousand words so I'll just say Klement's Polish Sausage and two bottles of creamy Wisconsin lager, onions, butter, buns, pickles, mustard. I keep the cooking beer to a light, mild lager.
Clay

BGEPolish001.jpg

BGEPolish002.jpg

BGEPolish005.jpg

BGEPolish006.jpg

BGEPolish009.jpg

BGEPolish010.jpg

BGEPolish011.jpg

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    ClayQ,[p]The sausages look great. I can't cook with the New Glarus, but wish I could. I understand that they stopped distributing outside Wisconsin a few years ago. The brewery has a great reputation. The only Wisconsin craft we get near me is Sprecher's, which is mighty satisfying. [p]gdenby

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    ClayQ,[p]That look amazing. 10:08 am and I thinking of lunch. You are not helping me or my waist.[p]Smokey
  • Clay Q
    Options
    gdenby,
    New Glarus has many awards. I wish they would make their winter black wheat beer again, man that was lip smacking good. They move on to other recipes, I can understand that. Your favorite American style lager will work fine for cooking.

• Clay Q
    Options
    Smokey,
    He he, ....sorry. I keep it off roto tilling two gardens and today is planting day. Dreaming of BLT samitches.
    Have a great weekend!

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    ClayQ,
    Planting day! I've already got tomatoes and squash. Nice looking sausage! -RP

• Unknown
    Options
    ClayQ,
    I wish I could fine good sausage in houston. I like the Course ground sausage and everything at the store is processed a little to fine. [p]Have not found any i truly like. I do buy some from a german catholic church's fundraiser that is great, but it is half way across texas. [p]One day I need to make my own.

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    ClayQ,
    How long do you simmer in the beer mixture before grilling? It's then back to the beer/onion mixture,...correct?[p]That looks great![p]Mike

• AZRP
    Options
    HDeathstar,
    That's what several of us here do, it is easy to do and the results are great. Besides sausage, having a grinder will give you better burgers too. -RP[p]
    IMG_0157Small.jpg
    IMG_0148Small.jpg
    IMG_0146Small.jpg

• Clay Q
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    Hi Mike,
    I simmer for about 30 minutes so the sausage is cooked then brown them up being careful not to break the casing. Your right, back into the beer to keep them plump, juicy and warm. The aroma is pure South Milwaukee, wonderful. What was missing was kraut....but not next time.[p]Back to the garden I go. Have a great weekend.

• Clay Q
    Options
    AZRP,
    Lucky. Our last chance of frost is traditionaly Memorial weekend and the weather girl says no chance anymore so I'm good to go. Soil in the fingernails and I'm feeling fine.
    Have a great weekend!

• duckegg
    duckegg Posts: 267
    Options
    ClayQ,
    We are starting to plant here in Central Mass today.

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    Am I the only one expecting StumpBaby to post a reply about how you can go blind if you "polish your sausage" too much? :)[p]I saw Alton Brown's show on sausage making last night and I'm tempted to buy a meat grinder and try to make my own one of these days.
  • AZRP
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,
    Go for it, its well worth the effort. -RP

• Unknown
    Options
    BGE2.jpg
    <p />ClayQ,[p]Yum, Yum, I cooked a few myself a while back. Polish sausage goes with anything!!![p]