Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Miso Salmon

Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,497
edited 3:06PM in EggHead Forum
<p />Thanks to RhumAndJerk for the book, and thanks to the book for the idea! The book: "The Asian Grill" Barich & Ingalls.[p]I did the recipe last night, with some variations/substitutions. Here is what I put in the paste.
1/3 cup miso paste (what I could find...was a yellow color)
1 egg yolk
4 tbs Sake
3 tbs brown sugar
3 tbs broth (japanese broth (dashi) or chicken broth
1 tbs your favorite soy sauce
1 tsp Sriracha Red Chili Sauce
1 tsp onion powder[p]I cut the filets into thick strips to allow more surface area for crusting. Slathered the filets, and let sit 30-60 minutes. Grill 4-5 minutes a side at 500-550 (brushing sauce on before and after flipping) until nicely crusted, and just flaking. Not sure how much of it had to do with the super fresh Wild Alaskan King Salmon that I used, but this was extremely tasty. The miso added a wonderful contrast of flavors.[p]Hope yall are havin' a good week.
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings

• BDBD Posts: 87
    Nature Boy,
    Looks great! I must get a digital camera.

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,497
    My pictures are taken with a Minolta SLR and FILM!!!
    Remember that stuff?
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • GretlGretl Posts: 670
    Nature Boy,
    I'm taking the afternoon off...gotta get me some miso NOW!
    Looks TOO good.
    Thanks for posting the recipe.

• bdavidsonbdavidson Posts: 411
    Nature Boy,
    Like I said, I must get a scanner!

• djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Nature Boy:[p]Thanks for the mouth watering post and recipe . . . Words certainly are a suppliment to a picture like this. Now do I have another salmon filet in the freezer . . .
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Nature Boy, Man that looks good. I'll be cooking salmon filets next Sunday. I'm trying Jack Salmon. It is a recipe that a guy sends to me once a month. Will post recipe and pics afterwards.
    And one more thing "IT'S THE WEEKEND BABY" ! Blue skies, blue water, and well Green Egg.[p]CWM

• JanetJanet Posts: 102
    Nature Boy,
    Thanks alot... now I've got to head back to the "cheap food warehouse" (BJ's up here) and get some more salmon. Got a bunch today and used Gretl's Dijon/bourbon glaze recipe tonight. Awfully good (thanks Gretl). But, I've also got a big chunk of miso in the fridge just waiting for another batch of salmon. Eatin' good these days -- thanks to BGE![p]Janet[p]

• CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    djm5x9,[p]Hey, we don't like your kind over here!!![p]Just kidding, djm. I hope you know that we Eggers love your posts and the info you provide. Keep on cookin' and sharing your golden nuggets of info![p]Later,