Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best I've EVER had!!

Options
Jethro
Jethro Posts: 495
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
View?u=1423313&a=10654409&p=50640422
<p />Hey all I am phsyched! I just cooked and consumed the best salmon filet I've ever had anywhere. Here are the details:[p]One almost 8 oz salmon filet, topped with black pepper, maybe two pinches of lemon peel, and two tsp soy sauce. Cooked on the Egg direct between 280 to 325 for about 23 minutes with just a touch of cherry wood, then added teriyaki glaze for the last 4 minutes.[p]It was wonderful. Hope my wife doesn't see this, she was working and needless to say there wasn't any left overs.[p]Keep em Smokin,
Jethro

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Jethro, ya got me so excited I thumbe the trigger twice..:-)
    Looks great..and I bet taste like it looks..
    Cheers the limit...
    C~W

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    Jethro,[p]First I would like to say that looks pretty good and now that is out of the way.[p]
    The wife just happened to look over from a distance and asked "Are they cooking tongue on the egg now?" I told her what it was, but she had her doubts until she came over and read the post. [p]Zip

• Jethro
    Options
    Zip,[p]Man that had me laughin', though if the post was by NB, I wouldn't be too shocked by it. I know people eat em and I think I am fairly adventureous, but I wouldn't go buy a whole one without gettin a taste some where first.[p]Regards,
    Jethro

• Jethro
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]Hey buddy, it was some gooood ates. Used your name in the post above, and no cursin neither.[p]Take Care,
    Jethro

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Jethro, Only the little wiffy can get by with that..:-)
    Sounds like your having fun..Enjoy the cook.
    C~W[p]

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    Jethro,
    Looks great. Being a Salmon lover, I'll have to try it. My best Salmon to date has been Buorbon Dejon.
    B D