Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yummm...first ribs for friends...

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've had a big green egg (large) for about a year now and have grilled steaks, bbq'd some chicken and pork for myself, but haven't had the nerve to cook ribs for a big group. This weekend I decided to change all that. [p]So on Sunday I went to the store, picked up 6 nice meaty pork back ribs. Put on a good rub (which I got from this forum last year) about 11:00 am. Started up the egg with good oak lump charcoal around 12:00 and let her stabilize for an hour. Throw some soaked oak chips on top around 1:00 and the ribs went on a rib rack about 1:15.[p]Came back around 2:30 and applied some more rub. The meat was starting to push back on the bones a bit and the smell was heavenly.[p]Checked in about 3:30 and they were heading down the home stretch. Beautiful crust, internal temp around 185. Let them sit in the egg for another half hour before bringing them out. I let them sit and cool a bit for around 15 or 20 mins. [p]Served them up with some bourbon-doctored beans and watermelon chunks and just sat back and enjoyed the day. Good food, good drinks, beautiful day - now that's living...

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Fred Johnson, my stomach is growling..way to go!! I have a chuck roast from Saturday to finish off this noon.
    Then chicken as per Slim...then more ribs..yeehaaa...Life is a plate of BGE goodies..!
    C~W[p]