Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cooking for 120 on a large

Options
BK
BK Posts: 19
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cooking for 120 people. Thinking of brining and smoking 4 Turkey breasts. I've done two at a time before, but wondering if anyone has four at the same time? Or how to successfully stack them.

Comments

• terrafirmay
    terrafirmay Posts: 83
    Options
    Barry,
    I did three turkey breasts on a large several weeks ago. They weighted six pounds plus to seven pounds plus. It would be squeezing to fit four breasts but you might be able to do it. They were very good.

• terrafirmay
    terrafirmay Posts: 83
    Options
    terrafirmay,
    I didn't stack my three fresh turkey breasts on my large. I don't think you need to. Brining is optional. I don't do it because we don't have room in our refrigerator and our poultry is juicy on the BGE without brining. I use light smoking. I add a chunk of wood and let it smoke down before I add the meat because we don't like a heavy smoke flavor. Four turkey breasts will not serve 120 people unless you have a lot of other things to eat. At out house, one and a half turkey breasts made sandwiches for 18 people, if they all ate turkey, and we had more leftovers than we expected. As you know, breasts are easy to do and they look great when they come off the BGE. I cooked at about 350 for maybe an hour. I didn't really time it. The Joy of Cooking says the breast should be cooked to 160 degrees. I season poultry with ginger, salt and pepper, just like my mother did.