Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shoulda Known

BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I spent 3 days in the mountains at a conference; make that 3 days away from good Egg cooking. Paid $30 for a filet and glass of wine - and the quality was far below what I routinely turn out of the Egg. Adding to my dismay, I was hungry for ribs: the town's one barbecue joint was closed. "Okay - I'll find some on the way home." I did, dang it! 3 ribs, white bread, beans and sweet potato fries. Looked so good, till the first bite: they'd been parboiled. The up-side was the sweet potato fries. Guess I'll have to buy a mini to take along to conferences :-)

Comments

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Ken,
    You're learning what we all have learned the hard way! "If it ain't Egged, it ain't worth messing with!" :-)))[p]You sure know how to mess-up a good dinner description, saying the "sweet potato fries" were good! Good for what? :-))) Here I thought you was raised right!!! :-))) Well, I guess I won't blame your Mama! :-)))[p]Hope you had a great Father's Day! Keep up the good work![p]Good luck on the up coming surgery too![p]
    Dr. Chicken

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Dr. Chicken, I have busted several humps trying to get really good sweet tater fries... Now as to my mama... she taught me good - onliest things a sweet tater needs is butter and salt & pepper. Put that marshmallow stuff in the fudge![p]These, I think, were sliced and then parboiled (minus the ribs). Then dried off real good and deep-fried. That's my theory, and I'm gone try it out next chance I get![p]See you on the up side!