Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Transport Question....

Options
EggerinMO
EggerinMO Posts: 49
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have read several posts concerning transport. I could not find a consensuses on one topic..[p]Leave the guts in or remove them during transport... My egg will be in a table on a small utility trailer.[p]Thanks[p]EggerinMO
L and MM

Egging in the Ozarks

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    EggerinMO,
    Well, if you remove them and place them in safekeeping, you won't have to worry about them. tjv broke his base recently transporting it in a carrier in the back of a p/u truck. I'd remove them, without question, if transporting the egg on a utility trailer.

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    EggerinMO,
    I use a transporter in a very smooth-riding truck but I still remove and place a generous amount of newspaper between and around all the "guts" of the Egg. Eggs can be replaced but when lost to carelessness the memory never goes away (so I've been told.)[p]Spring "Practice Safe Egg'n" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA