Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ozone Chicken

Options
duckegg
duckegg Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I must say I cooked the best chicken leg quarters ever, and that includes everybody. Marinated in Lemon Pepper marinade for a few hours. managed to get the egg going in a torential downpour, huge lightning and under a tornadoe warning. Raised grid, drip pan, dome temp between 350 and 450. Threw the chicken an sweet potatoe on and never opend the lid. Checked the temp only once and bumped it to 450. I opened the lid after 1.5 hrs, fantastic. Tasted even better, moist, crunchy skin, my wife just loved it and it was the best chicken I ever eaten. Don't know if it was the Lightning or what, can't wait for the next lightning storm.[p]Maybe the egg took a direct hit.

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    duckegg,[p]Got the chicken, got the sweet potatoe, got guests coming tomorrow, will get the Lemon Pepper. But the tornado, well, had one too close on Teusday, so I'll pass on that magic ingredient.[p]gdenby
  • duckegg
    duckegg Posts: 267
    Options
    gdenby,
    We in central Mass don't get them very often, we did have a huge one here in ’55 that killed over 50 people.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    gdenby,
    tornados dont really mean much to us up here, they happen so infrequaently where anything happens we dont give them much concern. heck, back in college i sat with some friends on a roof top thru a hurricane with a keg of beer tied to the chimney. they actually roadblock some roads to the ocean to stop us from checking out the hurricanes. worse we get are the 3 foot snow storms, happens once every decade or so and im late for work that day by a few minutes, maybe half the crew doesnt show up that day

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it