Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Smoked Turkey Drumsticks

AZ TravelerAZ Traveler Posts: 664
edited 5:00PM in EggHead Forum
Smoked some turkey drumsticks today for making beans tomorrow.
Here they were just going on the egg:[p]IMG_0601.jpg[p]Here they are about the middle of the smoking:[p]IMG_0602.jpg[p]Here they are at the end of the smoke. I smoked them a little longer this time for some extra flavor:[p]IMG_0603.jpg[p]Will serve the beans tomorrow night with some ribs I will do tomorrow. Enjoy, AZ

Comments

• AZ Traveler,
    those look great! i've been wanting to do turkey legs since thirdeye posted his. [p]is that cherry smoke? that red color on the legs looks familiar.

• AZ Traveler,
    Those turkey legs look great. Do you have a recipe for smoking them? We raise turkeys commercially so I have access to lots of legs and I love smoked legs. Thanks Bucky

• AZ TravelerAZ Traveler Posts: 664
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Strangely enough it is hickory. That is the reddest they have gotten for me. John

• AZ TravelerAZ Traveler Posts: 664
    Bucky Buckshot,
    I got this recipe from Thirdeye. I have used it several times and it is really great. I will post pictures of the pulled meat today. I just pulled them out of the bean pot and waiting for them to cool.
    Below is Thirdeyes sight, which is really excellent:[p]

[ul][li]Smoked Turkey Legs[/ul]
  • AZ Traveler ,
    Thanks AZ for turning me onto Thirdeye's web sight. I have put it in my favorites to refer to later. I will try his recipe for the turkey legs, sounds very good. Bucky