Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Calzone: Never could do it like this in elect. over. Thank BGE!

Options
Pork Butt
Pork Butt Posts: 95
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
MyPictures079.jpg
<p /> I could never make a good calzone in our electric oven and come out like this. It does'nt get any better then this. [p] Ricotta cheese, Mozzarella cheese, Parmigiano cheese, Fresh Garlic (lots), Italian sausage, Mushrooms, Pepperoni, Green peppers, and onions. Home make Marinara sauce for dipping.[p] Plate setter legs down, dome temp. about 410 degrees, and corn meal on plate setter so it will not burn on bottom. Enjoy [p]

MyPictures080.jpg[p]
MyPictures081.jpg[p]
[p]Pork Butt Mike

Comments

• orion11
    orion11 Posts: 140
    Options
    Pork Butt,
    That dough looks real good! Is that home built or did you use something store bought? Do you start with the same thickness dough as you would for pizza? I am assuming just spread sauce on dough, top with ingredients, roll, and cook? You put some sauce inside, correct? Looks like something my family would really enjoy.

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Pork Butt,
    Ohhhh man, that's fantastic. The bread looks perfect and I bet it tasted as good as it looks. BGE rules.
    Clay

• Pork Butt
    Options
    orion11,
    No sauce inside, but you can. I found it's easier to just dip afterwards. The dough from publics bakery, pizza dough. When you put sauce inside then it's called a strombole. As for the thickness of the dough, yes the same as my pizza. Don't roll it ether. Make a rectangle of dough say about 8 to 12" wide and around 16 long, or what ever you wish to do. Then I put my Ricotta cheese, Parmigiano cheese right down the center. Then your garlic, peppers, and onions, sausage, mushrooms, and pepperoni on top of that right down the center. Then the Mozzarella cheese last on top of it all. Then I take the two ends fold the dough over. Then take the opposite ends and fold them on top.
    Oh yeah last but not least, ENJOY It's Awesome.[p]Pork Butt Mike

• hiloboy
    hiloboy Posts: 75
    Options
    Pork Butt,
    i'm going to give this a shot sometime this week. man does that look good.. thanks for shareing..

• Pork Butt
    Options
    hiloboy,[p]Let us know how you make out.[p]Pork Butt Mike

• Unknown
    Options
    Pork Butt, After seeing that picture, guess what was for supper! that was very good, can't wait to try somw other versions. Julie

• Pork Butt
    Options
    Juliem4444,
    Glade to here you enjoyed it so much. I love cooking Italian on the egg. Will post more in future. [p]Pork Butt Mike