Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Exterior Imperfections

Options
Thrill
Thrill Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello all,[p]After tasting the delicacies rendered on my BGE for the past two years, my dad was finally convinced to take the plunge with a brand new large BGE. He already looks like a new man! After two weeks of coaching, I think he's got the hang of it. Haven't got him on the forum yet, though (Internet phobia, I think).[p]My question is regarding some imperfections I saw in the exterior of dad's Egg. I had made the perfect home for his BGE, a beautiful cedar table, and was hoisting the priceless ceramic gift from heaven into the table hole when I noticed little white flecks in the top half of the Egg. [p]Has anyone else seen this in the top of their Egg? The flecks appear to be under the topcoat finish.[p]Is it worth trying to get a replacement? Fortunately, we are only about 20 minutes from the corporate store in Atlanta from where the BGE was purchased.[p]Thanks for any feedack, and happy Eggin'.[p]Thrill

Comments

• Charly
    Charly Posts: 23
    Options
    Thrill,
    The imperfections won't affect the performance of your egg,it is merely cosmetic.If you just bought it from the BGE store in Atlanta and paid full price,you may want to wait before doing your first cook.They have a policy that if you find any cosmetic flaws in your new egg they will take fifty dollars off the price.I do not know if they would still credit you since you have already taken it home,but it would probably be worth calling them and asking.