Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Filet with Ghee

RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
On Saturday, I had to have some high temp grilled beef. While at the West Side Market, I had the butch (Meat Cutter, sorry) cut me two nice 1.5-inch filets. They were beautiful chunks of meat. I kept it simple and used a light dusting of Chef Zachary’s Blackening Spice. I let the small crank up to high temps and grilled the steaks for 3/3/3. I left my wife’s in the dwell for two minutes more. I had my container of ghee outside and immediately upon removing the steaks from the egg put some ghee on. It melted nicely by the time I took it the table. The meal was finished off with baked potatoes and sweet corn. The only thing that I add to the steak at the table was lots of fresh ground Tellichery Pepper. It was one of the better steaks that I have made and they were cooked perfectly.[p]Happy Grilling,
RhumAndJerk

Comments