Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Filet with Ghee

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
On Saturday, I had to have some high temp grilled beef. While at the West Side Market, I had the butch (Meat Cutter, sorry) cut me two nice 1.5-inch filets. They were beautiful chunks of meat. I kept it simple and used a light dusting of Chef Zachary’s Blackening Spice. I let the small crank up to high temps and grilled the steaks for 3/3/3. I left my wife’s in the dwell for two minutes more. I had my container of ghee outside and immediately upon removing the steaks from the egg put some ghee on. It melted nicely by the time I took it the table. The meal was finished off with baked potatoes and sweet corn. The only thing that I add to the steak at the table was lots of fresh ground Tellichery Pepper. It was one of the better steaks that I have made and they were cooked perfectly.[p]Happy Grilling,
RhumAndJerk

Comments