Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Filet with Ghee

RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
On Saturday, I had to have some high temp grilled beef. While at the West Side Market, I had the butch (Meat Cutter, sorry) cut me two nice 1.5-inch filets. They were beautiful chunks of meat. I kept it simple and used a light dusting of Chef Zachary’s Blackening Spice. I let the small crank up to high temps and grilled the steaks for 3/3/3. I left my wife’s in the dwell for two minutes more. I had my container of ghee outside and immediately upon removing the steaks from the egg put some ghee on. It melted nicely by the time I took it the table. The meal was finished off with baked potatoes and sweet corn. The only thing that I add to the steak at the table was lots of fresh ground Tellichery Pepper. It was one of the better steaks that I have made and they were cooked perfectly.[p]Happy Grilling,
RhumAndJerk

Comments