Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloins

Carl T
Carl T Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I hope I don't lose any status on this forum but I am going to post this anyway. We just polished off the best pork the wife and I ever tasted. The store had pork tenderloins on sale so I picked up a couple. This morning, I was standing at the pantry scratching my head and trying to figure out what seasoning to use on the tenderloins (I am out of JJ's). I ended up mixing a third cup of olive oil and a large amount of Emeril's original essence. I marinated the tenderloins for 4 hours in this mixture. I grilled them at 375-400 on my small egg until 155 internal temp and a good char on the exterior. I did not know pork could taste so good. [p]Carl T

Comments

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Carl T,[p] There is no rule of what to use & what not to. That is why this form is so great, people read how others do it & then go & try to inprove on it. I for one have change many recipes posted, I will admit, many I change for the worse & I go back to what I was told. Other have worked out good, so use anything you wish & yes please post the results for good or bad. We would love to know.[p]Earl
  • Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Carl T, Hey, pretty hard to beat a good tenderloin, I agree with you there...[p]I do them up all the time, the`re "Candy" to me, I love em![p]I rub mine with a light dusting of "Bonesmokers" rub and a heavy dusting of "Porkrubbers" rub.
    Grill em high heat till lightly crusted and then go indirect at 350º for 35-45 minutes or till the internal temp is 150º MAX...[p]good stuff....

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Mop,
    Sorry Mop:
    You cooked up two tenderloins that did not have time to hit the table they were that good. I checked , as of yet you have not added it to the recipe section. Please do so as it is well worth doing.[p]Earl