Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Finally...Ribs to talk about

MickeyTMickeyT Posts: 607
edited 10:55AM in EggHead Forum
View?u=474327&a=10378379&p=50124755&Sequence=0&res=high
<p />After several attempts at ribs I finally think I get it. No rubs, no mustard just ribs with some q sauce at the end. They all went bye bye.[p]Cooked indirect over a drip pan for 3 hours. Wrapped in foil and towels and set in a cooler while I went to church. Set in cooler for 2.5 hours. Removed and kicked up the heat a little and sauced em' Knock down drag out good eatin'.[p]Sure does make dinner better when all the ribs are gone.[p]Lata,[p]Mick

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    MickeyT., They look good enuff right there! If needed, just sauce and stick em back on again for a half hour. Nice ribs.
    C~W[p]

• Char-Woody,[p]Good looking ribs amigo. What do you have your rack sitting on, the foil pan?[p]Weather in Cabo is great. Gonna catch some Dorado & try it.[p]Mañana
    Mike

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Mañana Mike, I would accept that, but check up one more post...:-)
    C~W

• EarlEarl Posts: 468
    Mañana Mike,

I would have to say the water or drip pan is sitting on a pizza stone that has been wrapped in tinfoil. This will stop any unwanted liquids & juices from falling onto in, no cleanup, just remove the foil & then your ready for pizza.
    Oh" and the pizza stone is resting on another grill which can't be seen.[p]Earl

• EarlEarl Posts: 468
    MickeyT.,
    Those are some darn nice looking ribs, it's amazing that something that takes so long to make, can go so quick.
    Nice picture, keep them comming.[p] Earl

• MickeyTMickeyT Posts: 607
    Earl,[p]Right on the money. I found a 16" stone that works perfectly on a large. Gives an inch all the way around.[p]Bye,[p]Mick

• BillBBillB Posts: 26
    MickeyT.,
    I almost bought a 16-inch stone today but wasn't sure one inch all the way around was enough clearance. After your post I'' go get. Glad it worked and the ribs came out soooo scrumptious.

• BillBBillB Posts: 26
    Good typing on my part.I'll go get it.