Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Afterparty Flank Steak Recipe

Options
hayhonker
hayhonker Posts: 576
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
apflank.jpg
<p />I hope anyone who tries this has good luck and enjoys it.[p]Afterparty Flank Steak[p]1 or 2 Flank Steaks
½ Cup Olive Oil
¼ Cup Lo-Sodium Soy Sauce
1/3 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tb Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tb Odwalla Carrot Juice
1 Tb Key Lime Juice
1 Tb Dijon Mustard
1 Tb Minced Garlic
1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper[p]Put the steaks into a large ziplock bag.
Mix everything else together and pour over the steaks.
Get out as much air as you can and put the whole bag in the bottom of your fridge.[p]The ones I brought to Waldorf started marinating Thursday morning so that was 2 ½ days. I ate one of the leftovers tonight and it was even more tender after 6 ½ days. I’m sure there’s a limit so be your own judge…[p]Get your egg hot. 450+ will be worth it.[p]Pull the steak out of the bag letting the marinade drip off. There’s a lot of oil in there. The last thing you want to do is throw a steak dripping with oil onto a hot fire! (SEE BELOW)[p]Put the steak on the grate and close the lid for 2-3 minutes.
Carefully open the egg and flip the steak. Close for 2-3 more minutes based on how charred it got on the 1st side.[p]Now, you want to check both sides of the steak and put the least charred side down and close the draft door.[p]Start checking for an internal temp of 140 in the thickest part of the steak.[p]When it gets there, pull it off, (optional)give a LIGHT dusting of your favorite beef rub Slice against the grain at an angle and serve to the hungry masses lurking about.[p]flank03.jpg

Comments

• Smokey One
    Smokey One Posts: 17
    Options
    hayhonker,[p]Man, that was some good stuff![p]Thanks![p]the " Smokey One"
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    That was some of the best flank steak I've ever had!
    Our grocery store carries Odwalla so I am going to see if they carry the carrot juice.

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    hayhonker,[p]That flank steak was awesome. I do them a lot, it's a favorite around here, and I will try your marinade. I usually just rub them with cowlick or shakin the tree but again I really liked yours.[p]It was great hanging with you and thans again for feeding us non captain billy's people on Friday.[p]Chuck

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    hayhonker,[p]Thanks for the recipe. You cooked up some great vittles last weekend! And as Chuck noted, the pulled pork on Friday turned out to be a great idea.[p]
  • citychicken
    citychicken Posts: 484
    Options
    hayhonker,
    this recipe sounds like a winner. gonna try it this friday.
    btw, is that a small egg you have toastin that steak?

• Shilomare
    Shilomare Posts: 103
    Options
    Jason, THANK YOU!!! We will be using your marinade the next time we do a flank steak. As others have posted, your after party flank steak was the BEST that we have ever tasted.[p]Richard

• hayhonker
    Options
    Shilomare,
    Now remember, much like a new stereo may not sound the same once you get it home, this recipe may not taste the same unless you spend the day with friends, eating like mad, and having a few of these:
    news_12pack.gif

• BBQ Bob Trudnak
    Options
    hayhonker,
    That was some amazing Flank Jason! I'm Gitt'n some to cook up this weekend![p]Bob

• hayhonker
    Options
    markkal123,
    Nah, that was my large. Didn't have a small. Good luck to ya Friday!

• fourseasonegger
    Options
    Hayhonker,[p]Thanks for posting Jason. We'll have to try it soon as I don't think I tried it Saturday evening. (I may have been watching our Ottawa Senators beat the N.J. Devils !!) Everything you cooked throughout the day was awesome. I'm not familiar with the Odwalla Carrot Juice. Can you recommend a substitute? I suppose that any carrot juice would work. [p]Great to see you again, [p]Paul[p]

• Retired RailRoader
    Options
    hayhonker,
    Thank you, thank you and thank you. I have been waiting for that recipe since you made that delicious dish at the post party. It was a real pleasure meeting you Jason and I can not wait to do it again.

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.