Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rack of Lamb

TomTom Posts: 189
edited 7:55AM in EggHead Forum
we have 4 good size racks of lamb we wanted to try to cook on the egg,We the newer style large egg and we also have rib racks. [p]I'm hoping that someone has a suggestion for temp and time to cook them at. Also any other suggestions would be great.[p]Thanks in advance Tom,[p]PS please feel free to email me directly with ideas[p]Thanks again
·

Comments

• djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Tom:[p]Cook those racks of lamb at somewhere between 375º/425º till medium rare.
    ·
  • ChrisChris Posts: 148
    Tom,
    Sorry to reply so late, I coat the rack with Herbs de Providence and olive oil,meat side down at 300 for about 40 minutes. I do flip the racks halfway through. I also use a internal temp gage until it reaches 160. This is about medium.
    Hope it works out....[p]Chris

·