Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

30% Rain is Wet - Recipes Anyone?

Wise One
Wise One Posts: 2,645
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All those weather forecasters with their 30 % chance of rain and they were WRONG. But we had a good time anyway. It was really good to see all the old gang and to meet a few new gang members as well. At lunch on Friday I had the privilege of meeting Max's wife and surely she is the better half. I finally got to meet Hoss, Celtic Wolf and Retired Railroader as well as the rest of Saucy Sue's family (big winners at the 'fest drawing). It was also great seeing Melissa again and the "NO" side of Brent for the first time.[p]It was my first time to meet Paulette and her Crab Imperial, shrimp and peach cobbler (three dishes, not one) were fantastic. Now most (if not all) of here recipes are on the submitted recipes site but much of what was cooked was not. Send me the recipes (or point me to it) and I'll put together another Waldorf Cookbook.[p]I really had a great time and there is now another egger amongst you Arlingtonians. My friend Don bought an XL and swears that he will not buy a second. I wonder how long that pledge will hold. LOL Max, he has your number in case he runs into problems so be ready.[p]Thanks to all who made the Waldorf Eggfest special by working so hard behind the scenes or by cooking (or in Da Maaaayoor's case - just being there)

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Wise One,[p] It rained?? Ohhh the liquid sunshine :) Please meeting you too.[p] The three things I cooked are in the Florida Eggfest Cookbook. After 40 years I think I finally got that Ham and Sweet Tater thing right :)[p] Ohhh that reminds me I need to get a recipe to Grillmiester.. I had time to cook something different in Texas.. It didn't rain there..[p] Like it has been said.. Despite the rain the fest was loads of fun.. Seeing old friends face to face is always great.. The after party was really great too..[p][p]
  • PRobinson
    PRobinson Posts: 74
    Wise One,[p]It was great meeting you and Don as well as others whom I had not met. My sister enjoyed Wess' lesson on removing the membrane from ribs (She has not used her egg yet - new house). Let us know when Don purchases his second egg --- as he surely will! See you next year.
  • hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    Wise One,
    Thanks Bill it's awfuly nice that you take on these recipe compilations.
    As bummed as I am that the weekend is over, I sure smile at the memories and look fondly ahead to 2008.
    I'll try and get that cribbage thing figured out by then. I got many comments about that board. Good seeing you again.