Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I declare this DQT (Dumb Question Time)

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Having been an egger for over one year now next Friday will be my first attempt at a brisket. I have collected a number of posts about "how to" but not one goes on to say what you do with the final result! Is it cut and then shredded like pulled pork and served in a sandwich or is it a entree to be served with smashed tators and the like? If in a sandwich is it served with BBQ sauce or does it have a taste of its own not to be tainted with BBQ? ^oo^~

Comments

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    one feral kat,
    It depends on where your from, some load up the sanwich with coldslaw, others fill it with Q sauce & still other like me serve it with ( i know no class ) plain old mustard on a grilled butterd bun. All of the above have been sliced not pulled. JMO.[p]Earl

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    one feral kat,
    Last sunday, I pulled one and served it with baked potatoes covered with sauted onions and mushrooms. I did the brisket, potatoes and onions in seperate eggs. A three egg meal. My wife liked it so much that I have to do it again this weekend. The beef was marinated with wine, pinapple juice and teriyaki sauce. Enjoy
    Fireball

• Kelly Keefe
    Kelly Keefe Posts: 471
    Don't forget any left overs! They make wonderful beef tamales!

• Alan
    Alan Posts: 72
    one feral kat,

• Alan
    Alan Posts: 72
    one feral kat,[p]Oops, sorry for the blank post....[p]A Texas style brisket is sliced across the grain and served with or without sauce. I prefer no sauce because if the brisket is adequately seasoned and cooked, the taste is heavenly by itself.[p]Sometimes I chop up some of the leftovers and us it for sandwiches, or my current favorite, brisket tacos.[p]The egg cooks briskets better than any other smoker. I usually keep the temp as close to 200 as I can and cook until the internal temp reaches 195.[p]Good Luck,
    Alan

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Leftover (chopped up into little pieces) brisket is also great in baked beans.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Earl,
    and some just squirt the cheese right into their mouth...LOL[p]
    just kiddin with ya bud..
    Wess