Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My First Plateau !

Options
City Slicker
City Slicker Posts: 95
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm so happy, XL has held rock steady so far at 250 with el cheapo Duraflame lump, my first brisket hit 165 and is holding, been an hour now. Hope I am not jinxing things lol, but had to share the experience. Btw I am such a newb that I don't even know if the 6 lb brisket is a flat,point or packer, but sure did look good at the crack of dawn, after sitting in the fridge with Montreal rub squished all over it. Will post a pic of the results come what maym wish me luck.

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    City Slicker,[p]It's a flat. Packers are 10+ pounds.
  • hiloboy
    hiloboy Posts: 75
    Options
    City Slicker,
    yup, nothing like the smell of cooking brisket at dawn!!life can't get much better.. good luck on your cook...

• BabyBoomBBQ
    BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
    Options
    City Slicker,[p]From what I understand, packers are at least 8 lbs. So, that ain't one.[p]Enjoy the cook! I remember the first good brisket I made and you are in for a treat!
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    City Slicker,[p]Good luck! I've only done a few brisket flats, and the time those sat at plateau was astonishing. 90 minutes to 160, 5 - 6 hours to 190.[p]gdenby

• Unknown
    Options
    just did one tonight, was hoping it was ready for 5pm but
    we had to wait until 7pm... worth the wait though!!
    All rubbed up with rib stars brisket rub--- the wife said
    it was the best tasting brisket she ever had--although
    last time she said the dizzy pig rubbed was the most tender
    ---its all good, when you give it time :P
    best regards
    thorsten