Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Birthday dinner

edited 4:18AM in EggHead Forum
Yesterday was my birthday and we celebrated it tonight along with my son Scott whose birthday is Tuesday.
Two of the thickest ribeyes 2+", two pork tenderloins, corn on the cob, new potatos and thick slices of onion. Soaked corn with husk in water, Raising the steaks rub on the steaks, Swamp venom rub on the pork, EVOO kosher salt and pepper on the potatoes and onion slices.
Cooked it all on a large got the temp up to 550 seared the pork and moved off to the edge and droped the temp down to 325 put the corn, potatoes and onions on for about 20 minutes and puled the tenderloins off at 125 internal.
When all the veggies were done got the temp back up to 550 seared steaks rested them and back on till med rare.
Also droped some cherry wood in also.
Kaynocook told me it was the best from the egg yet. I agree!!!
Sorry no pictures just three full bellys havent figured out the pictures yet.

·

Comments

• QBabeQBabe Posts: 2,275
    Jupiter Jim,[p]Sounds great...Happy Birthday![p]Tonia
    :~)

·
  • QBabe,
    Thanks I was feeling like I had no one reading my post.
    By the post I read youins had a great time Saturday at Fritzes. I would have been there but had final exams for an industrie certification exam. Hope my schedule will allow next time like next Month???
    Have a great week, Jupiter Jim and Kaynocook

·
  • SneezixSneezix Posts: 40
    Jupiter Jim,[p]> Thanks I was feeling like I had no one reading my post.[p]It looks like you can get more responses by putting the
    word "Pizza" in your title.[p]:-)[p]Sneezix

·