Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Holding low & slow on Mini

Carl TCarl T Posts: 179
edited 11:05PM in EggHead Forum
Slide_top_for_Mini.jpg
<p />With my egg table getting rained on, I decided to try a low and slow using my homemade slide top for my Mini. I have the Mini under cover and a 2.3 lb eye of round roast on a small rack over a small drip pan.(This roast was on sale, I don't know if it is a suitable cut) So far, it is holding a good low temp with no problems. I'm sure as the relatively large mass of meat heats up, I will have to adjust vents a little to hold low temp if wanted. I may just let it heat gradually to 325 so we can eat this evening. Plan to pull roast at 155 internal temp.[p]Carl T
·

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Carl T, Nice job on the hex design top..!! Looks like a large gas pipe joint nut. Like they say, "if you don't have it, improvise."
    I like that!!
    C~W[p]

·
  • Carl TCarl T Posts: 179
    Char-Woody,[p]You identified my material exactly. The base of the top is a nut from a 2.5 inch pipe union. I cut and installed a 3/32 aluminum cap and slide. Real simple.[p]I am two hours into the cook of the roast and the dome temp is still holding a solid 220.[p]Carl T

·
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Carl T, you said it better..great thinking..!
    C~W

·