Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Chuck Roast

FireballFireball Posts: 354
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It is about 49 degrees and wet outside, and I have a chuck roast doing a low and slow in the BGE. The dome temp is 230 to 240 and internal temp is at 134 and the roast is a 2.75 pound beauty. At 3 hours per pound is beauty should be ready in a little over 8 hours or about at 4 pm. I plan to have baked potatoes and some sauted mushrooms, onions, and garlic going on one of my other eggs by mid-afternoon. Even with bad weather the eggs will bring a simle to my face.
Fireball

Comments

• SundownSundown Posts: 2,855
    Fireball,
    for some reason that sounds great today. Overcast and muggy here. I've never done a chuck roast and I have a feeling it's not all that different from Mr. Butt. Any pointers or special considerations to think about for Chucky Roast?
    Bon Appetite![p]Carey

• FireballFireball Posts: 354
    Sundown,
    Get a tick roast. This one is just under 2 inches. I have a real butcher where a buy my beef and pork. I use this guide for time on the BGE: 3 hrs. per pound if under 5 lbs. and 2 hrs. per pound if under 7 pounds. I also used this marinade: equals ammounts of pineapple juice, Teriyaki sauce and a very good wine (I use a a Solera Cream Sherry). My thanks to Gfw for this marinate. I marinate the roast for a little more than 24 hours. I smoke it with pecan wood. I hope this tickles you enough until you try one. It is a great cook. Let me know if I can give you any more ideas.
    Fireball