Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Nature Boy's Eggfest 2000 brisket

edited 6:27AM in EggHead Forum
Doing a 5.8# chunk. Intend to go by the recipe as given. Do I need to turn the brisket at any time during the cook? I will score the fat side and start out with it on the top side. Is this correct? Will a l5 hour marinate be too long?[p]Thanks,[p]Ray Price

Comments

• JJJJ Posts: 951
    Ray Price,
    Always fat side up it will self baste. No turning required. Marinate it as long or as short a period of time as you like. Tastes great without any marinade too.

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,343
    JJ,
    Exactly what I would have said, and with fewer words.
    Hope you and Kathy are well.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings