Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

KILLER Jerk marinade

TurkeyTurkey Posts: 38
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been making this for years and the BGE made it the best yet. Wife and kid are out of town this weekend so I'm making it the way I like it, HOT! You can do what you want with the peppers, the recipe my mom gave me just said 1 "hot" pepper.[p]Take 3-4 tbs of the spice mix below(I use 4) and put in a food processor with one onion(quartered), one hot pepper or 2-3 jalepenos(I like to use one Habenero), 3tbs soy sause, 1tbs each of oil and vinegar. Pulse until everything is chopped fine but not liquified.[p]I like it with chicken thighs(bone in) or pork tenderloin but it's really good on everything. I usually marinate at least 4-6 hour or overnight if I can. [p]I make a big batch of this and keep it in a ziploc bag as I cook this often in the summer.[p]4tbs Thyme (fresh or dried)
2tbs salt
4tbs Sugar
2tbs Allspice
1tbs ground cinnamon
1tbs ground nutmeg
2tbs ground black pepper[p]ENJOY!![p]Mark

Comments