Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cast Iron & Chicken on the Egg?

BluesnBBQBluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited 11:49PM in EggHead Forum
I recently got my first cast iron skillet and I've had great results cooking steak on it in the Egg.[p]I'm wondering if cast iron would work for chicken? I'm considering trying to sear some boneless/skinless thighs this way. Would this work or would the "sear" really be horribly burnt chicken?

Comments

• BluesnBBQ,
    steve, you don't want to nuke it, but at around 450 degrees dome temp, its a great way to do chicken. . .smear it with butter first, then as its 'roasting', drizzle the melted butter/juices back over the parts till done .. .best if you still have some skin on, but give it a try regardless. . .won't take too long though. ..then deglaze the pan with some white wine and a chicken broth for a great pan sauce. . ..good stuff. . .