Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Backs on Small BGe

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone cooked full racks of Baby Back Ribs on a Small...technique etc.?

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Egger,
    i cut two slabs into three racks each and laid them pinwheel fashion all sort of touching at one corner in the middle. that gave me plenty of air around each one even though they were partly touching.[p]i was at a camp, so i just used a flat rock underneath the grid for my indirect barrier. if i remember correctly, i think i had my homemade raised grid with me, and that's what the ribs sat on over the stone. they were spares, and went 6 hours at 250

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Egger,
    I don`t remember who it was...but..someone posted a pic a while back of a rack rolled up and stood on end in a small egg....don`t know how well they came out either...but it can be done..[p]Wess

• tripmac
    tripmac Posts: 17
    Options
    WessB,
    I have done that on my large with pretty good success. It seems to cook faster than flat or standing.[p]Trip

• tripmac,[p]How tight do you roll them? Do you need to keep it loose so that air can equally get to the whole rib?