Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Fire Proof Mat

edited 4:09PM in EggHead Forum
I remember seeing reference some time ago to a fire proof mat (from Lowe's I believe). Just refinished my deck and want to keep it from getting messed up under BGE. Anyone know the specifics??
·

Comments

• FireballFireball Posts: 354
    Char Dawg,
    Here is the info: Lowes stock # 117446 It is a DiversiTech Grll Pad.
    Fireball

·
  • KennyGKennyG Posts: 949
    grillpad.jpg
    <p />Char Dawg,[p]Fireball's got ya covered. Here's the pic. It's thin "flexible" concrete and has already save me some deck damage.[p]K~G

·
  • SlimSlim Posts: 44
    Fireball,
    could this thing be used under my egg to keep my table from burning? would i still have to use a patio stone?

·
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    KennyG, A word of caution, if used on a cedar or redwood deck the concrete base material in the matt will leave a dark stain on the wood. As per another posters experience and it makes sense.
    Otherwise, a great fire protector. I have a upcoming new innovation that should cure that possibility forever for the BGE cookers..I wonder if BGE would smile :-)
    C~W

·
  • KennyG,[p]Yessir. I know that's right![p]Char Dawg
    ·
  • ShelbyShelby Posts: 803
    KennyG,
    Can that mat be cut to fit my table?

·
  • KennyGKennyG Posts: 949
    Shelby,[p]I believe it could. Perhaps using a hack saw or rod saw in a hack saw frame.[p]K~G

·
  • FireballFireball Posts: 354
    Shelby,
    I cut the matt I have to size to fit my table. I used a saber saw with a cermic cutting blade. Go for it.
    Fireball

·