Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Fire Proof Mat

edited 10:40PM in EggHead Forum
I remember seeing reference some time ago to a fire proof mat (from Lowe's I believe). Just refinished my deck and want to keep it from getting messed up under BGE. Anyone know the specifics??

Comments

• FireballFireball Posts: 354
    Char Dawg,
    Here is the info: Lowes stock # 117446 It is a DiversiTech Grll Pad.
    Fireball

• KennyGKennyG Posts: 949
    grillpad.jpg
    <p />Char Dawg,[p]Fireball's got ya covered. Here's the pic. It's thin "flexible" concrete and has already save me some deck damage.[p]K~G

• SlimSlim Posts: 44
    Fireball,
    could this thing be used under my egg to keep my table from burning? would i still have to use a patio stone?

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    KennyG, A word of caution, if used on a cedar or redwood deck the concrete base material in the matt will leave a dark stain on the wood. As per another posters experience and it makes sense.
    Otherwise, a great fire protector. I have a upcoming new innovation that should cure that possibility forever for the BGE cookers..I wonder if BGE would smile :-)
    C~W

• KennyG,[p]Yessir. I know that's right![p]Char Dawg
  • ShelbyShelby Posts: 803
    KennyG,
    Can that mat be cut to fit my table?

• KennyGKennyG Posts: 949
    Shelby,[p]I believe it could. Perhaps using a hack saw or rod saw in a hack saw frame.[p]K~G

• FireballFireball Posts: 354
    Shelby,
    I cut the matt I have to size to fit my table. I used a saber saw with a cermic cutting blade. Go for it.
    Fireball