Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kudos to .. Clay Q the Rye Bread ****

Options
Steeler Fan
Steeler Fan Posts: 395
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just finished baking the Rye Bread awesome. While I was waiting for the bread to rise decided to hard boil some eggs. Then of course had to get 2 # of Jimmy Dean Sausage. Yep, rolled them out stuffed them with the hardboils eggs ad dusted them with DP. The bread was cooling off to the side. I used the same cook setup just reduced the temp to 325 and start cooking the fatty. The cheap slicer that some of us were lucky to get (Thanks Dr. BBQ for the heads up). I sliced the bread and placed one piece of the modified scotch eggs. I finally quit after "4" slices of bread. So good.

Comments

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    BGERyeBeerBread017-1.jpg
    <p />Steeler Fan,
    Nice work! I bet the sliced fattie with boiled egg looked good. Yeah, that rye bread is good stuff, really special coming from the egg. Took any pic's? I'm out of sourdough bread, need to make more but I gotta take time off of work to bake, just about need 8 hours for a bread day. Not that I'm baking 8 hours but prep work and all that,...and time for thinking and a beer or two.
    Here's a pic of rye caraway I did a while back, turned it into Ruben samitches.
    Clay

• Steeler Fan
    Steeler Fan Posts: 395
    Options
    ClayQ, I followed your rye beer recipe al the way. I'm taking it to work as sandwiches and driving them nuts when i disasseble and heat the scotch egg before i put it on the bread. the response to wher did you get that is price less "ALL HOMEMADE"