Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butt question. No indirect.

Options
PigsEye
PigsEye Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Planning on putting a butt on soon. Problem is, I don't have platesetter or firebricks to go indirect and none available (so far) today. I'm hoping one of the local BGE guys will be open today, then dilemma solved. What I plan on doing is putting small grid on drip pan on normal set up and keeping temps low. Will this work? I know the drip pan doesn't really make indirect, doing it to catch the rendered fats. In my previous life as an ECB user, I always omitted the H2O pan and got fine results. I'm assuming the same on the BGE, didn't know if anyone had any experience.[p]I was going to get a plate setter yesterday, but for some reason, the trout wouldn't stop jumping on my line until after all the stores were closed. They must be in cahoots with the pigs so I won't cook their brethren.

Comments