Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Soft Shell Crab.........a little help please.

Options
Midnight Smoker
Midnight Smoker Posts: 273
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just picked up a dozen, nice fat and kickin' soft shells. I usuallly just lightly dredge soft shells in a seasoned flour and saute in butter/olive oil mix.....simple and tastes great. I would REALLY to cook a few on the BGE......any suggestions? Thanks, Paul

Comments

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    Midnight Smoker,
    Here is a recipe that I picked up off this forum from ChefWil. I have not made it, but the pictures were fantastic. I tried to use the original link and did not get anything, but have not tried to use the search function.[p]bacon wrapped softshell crab crabcake
    BGE Forum by Chef Wil[p]http://www.biggreenegg.com/wwwboard/messages/294933.shtml[p]1 lb jumbo lump crabmeat
    1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
    1 egg
    6 unsalted crackers
    1 tbsp old bay seasoning
    8 fresh soft shell crabs ( whalers )[p]in a small food processor or blender, ( bullet works best for small quantities )
    place cream, egg, crackers, and seasoning, and pulse until smooth[p]fold into crabmeat
    divide crabmeat into 8 equal portions
    remove back of crab and clean out the inside of crabs. place crabcake stuffing wrap with 1 or 2 slices of bacon, don't use more than 2 because there will be too much bacon flavor and will mask the crab flavors
    Cook at 350, indirect, I used silicon mats from the GURU GUYS for about 1/2 hour using 1 chunk of apple wood[p]

• BobS,
    Seeing the pictures again made me want to do this recipe!!!!

[ul][li]Here is a link that works[/ul]