Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

something BGE Mothership doesn't sell...

Options
guava greg
guava greg Posts: 139
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Common sense. [p] that's an oxymoron cause common sense aint that common. heee! [p]There are always going to be someone who slams the lid up or down, tip the egg over, flame up, gasket melting. blah blah, etc. With a little observation of nature and the elements you can enjoy many tasty cooks with the same felt gasket and everything working fine. Cooking grilling style with the lid open a lot is not a good idea unless you know what your doing. If you're new to the egg and are reading this, you can do it easily with the help of us forum folks.[p]Aloha,[p]Greg

Comments

• LoNOx
    LoNOx Posts: 27
    Options
    guava greg,
    Good point Guava. I looked at my gasket again this evening. It still looks great. I had the needle pegged a couple of nights ago when I was trexing some ribeyes. I watch how the lid seats against the bottom. If everything is seated well, The gasket sealing surface will have a uniform pattern all of the way around. I adjust mine once in a while when I see smoke coming from the split on the egg.

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    guava greg,[p]Amen brother![p]Smokey