Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Good Day for Butts!

GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
edited 1:42PM in EggHead Forum
IMG_0474.jpg
<p />From looking at the othet posts, there seems to be lots of butts on the BGE.[p]Yesterday at noon, I put two boston butts on my medium (5.9lbs and 5.4lbs) - each was covered with yellow mustard and Memphis rub. The lump was prepaded using the dump-and-pour method - temp last night at 9:30 was 270 degrees. [p]It's now 5:30am and the picture shows the status - internal temp 179 degrees and dome temp 265 degrees - Pulled Pork for Brunch - Life is GOOD! :~}
[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
·

Comments

• Dr. ChickenDr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Gfw,
    Nice my friend! Very nice indeed![p]I hope my two turn out as well![p]Dr. C

·
  • ChuckChuck Posts: 812
    Gfw,
    Looking good!!! My first time doing a butt (6 lb) seems to be going well. Dome is at 240* and butts at 165* after 9 1/2 hours, should be a great afternoon.[p]Chuck

·
  • FireballFireball Posts: 354
    Gfw,
    Gordon, the reason we see so many butt here is because they are very good to eat and are easy to do on the egg. I just introduced another friend to pulled pork yesterday. BGE may have another sale very soon. He was amazed at the taste and the simplicity of the cook.[p]It is great to have you posting picture again. They make me hungry however. Way to go!
    Fireball[p]

·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    IMG_0477.JPG
    <p />Fireball, don't mean to make you even more hungary, but I just finished pulling the second butt and packaging the end result - after a few PP sandwiches for breakfast! [p]Life is GOOD! :~}

·