Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beef jerky

IlonaIlona Posts: 10
edited 5:32AM in EggHead Forum
We're going to try beef jerky. Any suggestions on time/temp for jerky?
·

Comments

• ChuckChuck Posts: 812
    Ilona, I did some jerky last week and it came out great. I did it at 180-200* for about 6 hours, indirect on a screen over a plate setter. Stirred it up every hour for an even cook. You can use fire bricks if you don't have a setter. Also, see the link for recipes. You should be able to get an idea or two from there. Good luck.[p]Chuck

[ul][li]Jerky Recipes[/ul]
    ·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    BeefJerky01_small.jpg
    <p />Ilona, check out the link - it's a recipe I do about every three weeks! I'm also waiting for the recipe discussed a few posts below! Good luck and have a great day! :~}

[ul][li]Beef Jerky[/ul]
    ·
  • IlonaIlona Posts: 10
    Chuck,what is a plate setter? I've read some others mention fire bricks, I haven't bought any yet. Still new at this, all we have is the lump charcoal.

·
  • ChuckChuck Posts: 812
    Ilona, I'll email you my reply, sorry for the delay.

·