Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

On covering Mr. Egg Newbies pay attention!

SundownSundown Posts: 2,859
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For the first time in two years I left the cover off of MR. Egg and during the last 3 days we have had in excess of 2.5 inches of rain. Went out this morning (the sun is trying to come out)to clean him out and I was amazed at how wet the ash and small pieces of left over lump were! I wasn't going to cook until Sunday and may have just saved myself a lot of grief. Cleaned him out and I'm letting him 'air-dry' for the moment.
My dealer had suggested a cover when I purchased Mr. Egg and I trusted his recomedation. I've NEVER had a problem starting a fire or getting the temps I desired. Now, I have to think the cover does its job.
IMHO a cover is a GREAT investment and you can be sure I will not be leaving MR. Egg uncovered in the future. I recomend you get a cover if you don't have one and enjoy yourself even more!
Carey

Comments