Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Meatloaf

ShelbyShelby Posts: 803
edited 5:30PM in EggHead Forum
A good meatloaf is hard to beat. Most anything in the BGE is hard to beat. So, put them together and the results could/should be great.
Advice/thoughts on a meatloaf in the BGE?

Comments

• CatCat Posts: 556
    Shelby,[p]There are several ideas in the New Recipes section. Here's mine.[p]Cathy
    [ul][li]Eggfest Meatloaf[/ul]
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,343
    Howdy Cathy!!
    I can vouch for your meatloaf...and can still taste it. It comes highly recommended from here.
    Hope all is well! Was hoping to come up to NYC this week with my buddy from Colorado, but doesn't look like it. Dang.[p]Beers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Hiya Chris -[p]We crossed in the mail. ;-}[p]Thanks for the meatloaf compliment.[p]Cathy
  • JJJJ Posts: 951
    Cat,
    Great to see you post, Sis
    Love your
    Bro

JJ,[p]Back atcha, Bro! Love to Kathy too.[p]Cathy
  • JRJR Posts: 31
    Shelby,[p]A great meatloaf:[p]use a large cast iron skillet (round) pack as much meat loaf in it as you can,,,"mound it"-- keep the egg in the 275-325 range, let er rip. add a few wood chips to add a mild smoky flavor.[p]it's awesome. the cast iron skillet makes for a great crust.[p]

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    MxMeatloaf02032000.jpg
    <p />Shelby, check out the link - Mexican Meatloaf - original recipe from Spicecooks - great stuff - I usually make about 3-4 loaves each time, cook one and freeze the others. Good luck!

[ul][li]Mexican Meatloaf[/ul]