Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spin, I'll never change your pizza again!

Franco
Franco Posts: 88
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We've had your pizza many, many times before and have always loved it. My children get pumped all day long for it. Today I changed a few things and while it was very good, it wasn't what we are used to.[p]Somethings were just meant to be left alone and your pizza recipe is one of those.[p]Frank

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Franco,[p]I encourage you to adjust it to better suit your particular taste buds. The sauce is neither sweet, nor bitey. To make it sweeter, replace the dry wine with sweet wine and then adjust the taste using sugar or honey. To increase the bite, slowly add balsamic vinegar to create the bite you desire. The corn meal in the dough can be replaced with all purpose flour. The amount of cornmeal can be increased, but as you approach double, a grittiness will show up in the pie. Herbs, onion, and/or garlic (all minced fine) can be added to the dough.[p]Play with it and adjust it to be your favorite, then call it your own.[p]Spin

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Spin,[p]Adjust one thing at a time and make a small test pizza (using sauce and cheese only) to get a taste of the end result. A pizza made of only dough, sauce, and cheese is the very best way to really taste each part and understand the blend as it is eaten.[p]Spin