Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Spin, I'll never change your pizza again!

FrancoFranco Posts: 88
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We've had your pizza many, many times before and have always loved it. My children get pumped all day long for it. Today I changed a few things and while it was very good, it wasn't what we are used to.[p]Somethings were just meant to be left alone and your pizza recipe is one of those.[p]Frank

Comments

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Franco,[p]I encourage you to adjust it to better suit your particular taste buds. The sauce is neither sweet, nor bitey. To make it sweeter, replace the dry wine with sweet wine and then adjust the taste using sugar or honey. To increase the bite, slowly add balsamic vinegar to create the bite you desire. The corn meal in the dough can be replaced with all purpose flour. The amount of cornmeal can be increased, but as you approach double, a grittiness will show up in the pie. Herbs, onion, and/or garlic (all minced fine) can be added to the dough.[p]Play with it and adjust it to be your favorite, then call it your own.[p]Spin

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Spin,[p]Adjust one thing at a time and make a small test pizza (using sauce and cheese only) to get a taste of the end result. A pizza made of only dough, sauce, and cheese is the very best way to really taste each part and understand the blend as it is eaten.[p]Spin