Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

steak

RAKRAK Posts: 27
edited 12:27PM in EggHead Forum
Hi, I tried to search the archives, but can't get them to work. I have some 1 1/4" tenderloins I want to EGG today medium to medium well. I haven't done any all winter and need a refresher on temp, time and dwell. Anyone? Thanks RAK
·

Comments

• GrumpaGrumpa Posts: 861
    RAK,[p]I'm doing some 2" filets today myself. I like to get the egg a hot as possible...600* or more. Sear each side 3 minutes then dwell about 8 minutes for med well to well done. I suggest for yours a 2-3 minute sear on each side, then about 4-5 minutes dwell for medium...longer if you you want med-well (6 minutes).[p]Let us know how they turn out for you.[p]Bob

·
  • RAKRAK Posts: 27
    Bob,
    Thanks, I will.

·