Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

brisket cook tomorrow

Options
fontzmark
fontzmark Posts: 28
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Greetings all, going to do a brisket, it's marinating in the eggfest brisket recipie now, however I have a flat brisket with the cap removed, is there any differences? If you had your choice which is bestto cook? any suggestions on wood?, how and what to serve with it?, and any advice on the cook before I get in to it? Thanks, I know this has been covered before, had trouble bringing it up in the archives.

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    fontzmark,
    Indirect cook with dome temp @ 250* (appx 2 hrs per pd, longer if small). Internal temp to about 190* let rest for appx 15-20 min covered in foil then slice, against the grain. Any wood will do just fine, I like mesquite. Sides can be baked beans, slaw, potato salad anything you like. Any dipping sauce of your liking. Sit back and enjoy the day while awaiting the finished product.

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    fontzmark,[p]A whole brisket consists of the point, a fat layer, and the flat. They cook the same whether separated or not. If it has no fat layer, cook indirect until the internal reaches 160°F and then place a couple layers of slab bacon on top to help keep from drying the meat. Red oak is my favorite smoke for brisket (thanks R&J for the oak at EggFest). Any of the stronger smoking woods will work well. Tent the finished meal under foil and allow to rest 15 minutes prior to slicing across the grain.[p]Spin[p]