Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Great Runza Experiment

Options
phreakingeek
phreakingeek Posts: 34
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
With the help and encouragement from several Boardmembers...I embarked on an experiment to recreate the Runza of my childhood back in Nebraska.[p]With recipe in hand, I was able to duplicate them almost exactly as I remembered them. However, I'd like to think my palete has matured and they were a tad bland. I'd recomend adding a healthy dash of Dizzy Pig to the mix prior to stuffing the dough. [p]
Sure looked mighty pretty though:[p]141194168-M.jpg[p]

Comments

• phreakingeek,[p]Please enlighten us with the details regarding this cook. I have been 'EGGIN on my co-worker Shawna who is a Nebraska native to bring me some real Runzas, but so far she has failed to produce .... ARE YOU LISTENING, SHAWNA?
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    meinlt,
    I too spent most of my younger years in Nebraska, and, though I don't have the eastern European roots to have Runza's as a family memory, Runza Hut is the best fast-food joint ever, and I really miss them since I left the area years ago. Here's a link to Wikipedia about the Runza with a couple of recipes. They are REALLY good cooked on the Egg!

[ul][li]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runza[/ul]