Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Octo Directions

JethroJethro Posts: 495
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here is the method my wife used for cooking up the octopus. She used two small octopie, we were actually looking for babies but couldn’t find them.[p]Step 1 prepared the following marinade –
¾ - cup of olive oil
1 – Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 – Tbsp Cracked Black Peppercorn
1 – Tbsp Salt
2 – Tbsp Vinegar[p]Marinated the two octopie in the fridge in the marinade above between 4-5 hours.[p]Step 2 - place on the grill at a temp of about 450° (we will probably use try a higher temp 500° next time) for about 7 minutes per side.[p]She also prepared a sauce for dipping which was Vinegar with a touch of salt and garlic powder.[p]If you try it let me know what you think.[p]Keep em smokin,
Jethro

·

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,320
    Jethro,
    Thanks! I will have my eyes peeled for some of those little multi legged creatures.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • JethroJethro Posts: 495
    Nature Boy,[p]Once you've tried it give me a shout back, with your thoughts. Wife is talking about doing them again this weekend.[p]Of course we are also talking about pork chops, salmon and pork tenderloin. And I was having a rib premonition today![p]Don't think we be able to do all of them this weekend, but whatever we end up with it'll be good.[p]Have a good one yourself.[p]Jethro
    ·
  • BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Jethro, How do you prep the octo? I'd love it, but not so sure my wife would... She's a good woman, but a trifle picky
    ·