Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My weekend observations

Options
Drivr
Drivr Posts: 163
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well my weekend is almost over and I have learned a few thing.
first my new Pit Minder e-temp is a great tool for getting a good nights sleep. Although I should have tightened the 4 corner bolts before using it for the first time, 1 bolt fell out and is lost forever in the detrius below my deck.[p]Second, for the first time in years I took the firebox and ring out of the egg to clean it. The firebox is in 5 pieces and the ring is cracked. No worries put them all back in and kept cooking.[p]Third, 2 10 pound picnics yield just under 8 pounds of great pulled pork in about 18 hours at 230 degrees. [p]No pictures but its time to kick back and just relax.[p]

Comments

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    Drivr, Well, I found that 2 9 pound butts done the old fashioned way at 230° took 25 hours and yielded 9 pounds of greasy delight. Nuther notch for BGE large. I've never taken mine apart in 3 years and am somewhat afraid too!!