Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Potato Gratin & Halibut Success

Options
BabyBoomBBQ
BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Made my first Potato Gratin on the egg last night. Sorry, no pics. I used an inverted plate setter and standard grid. Cooked at 400-425 in an oval dish . Ingredients: garlic/thyme infused cream, youkon golds, s/p and parm cheese. Cooked covered for the first 3/4 of the time. Got good crunchies on the bottom, but the top wasn't as brown as I'd have liked. I think I'll cook higher in the dome next time. [p]Direct cooked some halibut with a handful of alder chips in a foil packed thrown on the coles while the gratin rested. I hit my fillet with sundried tomato butter & it was great. The GF, however, didn't like the alder smoke & claimed I ruined the fish. So, she's mad at me now. Looks like I'll have to find some more to get out of the dog house. :-)

Comments

• Frozen Chosen
    Options
    BabyBoomBBQ,
    have to agree with you wife, halibut is much too mild to use smoke, let alone alder which is pretty harsh (at least it wasn't hickory!). The tomoatoe butter sounds like a good touch - have to try that.