Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Almost got an egg

Options
Jimbo
Jimbo Posts: 44
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello All, i almost got an egg today we ( the family and i ) went to the BGE dealer with the intent to purchase an egg the wife was going to get it for me but to my surprise just as we got there they were locking the doors i was so hurt but now i'm hurt even more because the wife has now stated that she has changed her mind and said that we don't need an egg now how will so how will i convince her to change her mind again?? so close but so far away from an egg!!!

Comments

• JIMBO,
    How do you get her to change her mind? Did you really ask that? [p]Dang, man - if I was you, I'd be at the grocery store first thing in the morning buying the misses favorite "grillable" food and fixins. [p]Then when the door to the Egg store opens, I'd be there and purchase the egg. [p]And while she's doing whatever she does on Saturday mornings, I'd crank that baby up. [p]I always figured it's a whole lot easier to get forgiveness than to ask permission. [p]Besides that, the making up's so much fun. [p]Take pictures. [p]

• EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Options
    This probably won't come out right....But it's time to get out your "man card" and go get the danged egg if that's what you want.....I was lucky....my wife purchased my large BGE egg as a gift....But when there's something I want...I get it...end of story.....You want the Egg?....Get it! And join our little cult that we love so much......[p]Respectfully,[p]Ed McLean....eddiemac
    Ft. Pierce, FL

• EGGOMANIAC
    EGGOMANIAC Posts: 141
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Dude.[p]Forget all the milliom response threads.[p]That's a wrap.

• Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    JIMBO,your
    Tough Break!Tell her how heart broken you are... tell her that you will take care of the cooking for the next two weeks IF you get the egg Sat. DOn't say it to say it.... say it and mean it PUT IT IN WRITING IF YOU GOT TO. After two weeks she will be bragging about how her husband does all the cooking. My wife put my words to the test and now she brags to everyone how I do most of the cooking... only catch is if she is pregnant wait a week or two and try again (I am speaking frome experience).

• AZ Traveler
    AZ Traveler Posts: 664
    Options
    eddiemac,
    Well stated. AZ

• EGGOMANIAC,
    that's what i'm talkin about!
    that's from the end of sep 06 to 18 feb 07.[p]

• JIMBO,
    i think shes just pulling your chain..get up in the morning tell her how your life wouldn't be the same with out her. and that you need that BGE to cook for just that someone in your life.. and that would be HER!!! thats how i got my 2 large eggs..what ever it take...

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    JIMBO,[p]"You bought another egg?"[p]"yes dear"[p]"OK"[p]My conversation with my wife after my last egg purchase. I will take her picture with my new camera next week :)[p]
  • Jonnio
    Jonnio Posts: 26
    Options
    Bubba_T,
    "Besides that, the making up's so much fun.[p]Take pictures. "

Of the food!
  • Jonnio
    Jonnio Posts: 26
    Options
    JIMBO,[p]I will give you my super secret patent pending method for things like this.[p]DISCLAIMER - IF YOU ARE A MARRIED FEMALE READING THIS AND YOUR HUSBAND TRIES IT YOU ARE NOT AT LIBERTY TO YELL AT ME OR TELL MY WIFE[p]Head out and run some errands. Call her from the BGE store or nearby and say. "Honey I decided to go ahead and grab the egg that we were talking about" If she gets mad, you can say, I was just kidding with you blah blah blah. If she says that's fine, then you go into the store and grab it.

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Amazing pic's Rick. Lots of talent and passion here....if your pic's don't turn her around I don't know what will.[p]

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight
    Thanks!!!!!!! I just sent that to several eggers who don't post here as and example of what they are missing by not hanging out on this board!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP,
    thank you sir. i need to update that page with all my cooks from march![p]you can get to that from my profile

• ClayQ,
    thank you sir. passion or obsession, i'm not sure

• JIMBO,
    HEY!! That was just plain mean.When someone tells you something like that they shouldn't just change their mind! Do you work? If so, go get your egg.The store is open right now. You will save a ton of money because your "eating out" will be almost obsolete. You will cook on your egg all the time. It is something your whole family will enjoy not just you.

• Jimbo
    Jimbo Posts: 44
    Options
    JIMBO,
    Thanks for all the responses. i spoke with the wife last night and she kept saying that's a lot of money to spend on a grill we have this to pay that to pay blahblahblahblah then on the final note she said IF i got that grill for you that would be for everything ( birthday,father's day aniversary, christmas ECT.) i was like OK hehehehe she's at work now so we'll see when she get's home if i'll be getting one or not fingers are crossed

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    JIMBO,
    tell her that if she says "that's the best >insert her favorite food here< i've ever eaten" within 6 months of the purchase, that all her restrictions shall be resinded.[p]my wife thought i was nuts when i spent the cash on the large. she bought me the small a couple years later because we were going away for vacation (a week) and she couldn't imagine having to leave the large behind

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante