Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Anyone have a good Beef Jerky Marinade?

edited 5:35AM in EggHead Forum
I just bought a really lean piece of brisket and want to make some Beef Jerky. Does anyone have a good Jerky marinade? I was going to use soy sauce, Teriyaki sauce, liquid smoke, and a few spices.....oh yeah, can't forget the hot sauce. Any suggestions would be appreciated.[p]FLT
·

Comments

• RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Finger Lickin' Tom,
    You have a winner listed right there, with one exception the liquid smoke. Beef Jerky comes out pretty smoky with just the lump. However, if you do put a chunk or two of your favorite smoking wood you receive a better smoke flavor than the fake stuff ever could.[p]Try adding some sugar to the marinade and lots of fresh ground black pepper. [p]Hope this helps,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

·
  • RhumAndJerk,
    Thanks! Based on your name I'll bet you make great Jerky!
    I was thinking about using some brown sugar I had left over from making BEER!!! Thanks again!
    FLT

·
  • RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Finger Lickin' Tom,
    Jerk is more of the Jamaican type. I am new to the Jerky Game. Which brings up the next point, Jerk Spices work great in Jerky.[p]What type of brown sugar are you brewing with? That Belgium Rock Sugar can be pretty expensive to cook with.
    R&J[p]

·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    BeefJerky02.jpg
    <p />Finger Lickin' Tom, check out the link - there are a few recipes and a variety of opictures. Good Luck! :~}

[ul][li]Beef Jerky[/ul]
    ·