Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shorter 2.5" dome thermometer

Options
Tim M
Tim M Posts: 2,410
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to all those who responded to my post a week ago about interest in a shorter dome thermometer. I found one but it has another logo on it that does not say BGE. Some expressed no interest in it without BGE on it, while others didn't care. It is the same - just shorter and will better fit the small and mini. Rather than post it or the picture of it - just go to the link below for more details.[p]Again, thanks to those who showed an interest, follow the link if still interested in them.[p]Tim
[ul][li]Thermometer link - start here[/ul]

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Tim M, as a aside, have you checked with BGE to see if they too will be introducing a 2" model?
    I agree, for the small and mini they would be more accomodating.
    I can shorten internal by doing much like we did in the beginning of this forum. Adding either a wood block, piece of cork ala JCA, or cut off a short piece of aluminium tubing so desired size and slip the stem thru it. I agree, its not beautiful, but it works. Also more of a operator hazard in working around it. A 2" would be nicer.
    Cheers to ya..
    C~W

• CC
    CC Posts: 8
    Options
    Tim M,i just put the clip on the stem before puting the thermometer in the mini.

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Tim M, I followed one of your suggestions and drilled a hole through a wine cork. Then I put the cork on the thermometer and stuck it through the hole in the dome and then I DID NOT PUT THE CLIP ON AT ALL. That way if it hits something inside the egg, it pushes the thermometer out so I know it's touching something. Seems to work fine on the mini as well (but I still want one of those 2" ones).