Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tandoori Pork?

Options
BluesnBBQ
BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone here ever tried a tandoori marinade for pork? I'm going to try this sometime this week. I bet some country style ribs, cut into cubes, and marinated overnight in Patak's tandoori paste/yogurt will make excellent kabobs. I'll let you know how they turn out.[p]Anyone have a good recipe for the yogurt based sauce Indian restaurants serve with tandoori dishes?

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,
    Give the Tandoori Pork a try.[p]As for the yogurt sauce, this is a favorite of mine.
    In a small bowl, add the amount of yogurt that you want. To it add in small amounts of honey, chopped pistachios and rose water. When all is mixed, add a pinch of saffron on top and do not mix. Place it the refrigerator for about an hour to let the flavors mix. It is very rich and the sweetness offsets the spices and heat of a Tandoori dish.[p]Another favorite accompaniment for me is even simpler. Take an onion, cut it in half and then slice it. Separate the slices and sprinkle with a dry Tandoori Spice Mix. That is it. It adds a nice dimension to an Indian meal.[p]Hope this helps,
    RhumAndJerk[p]