Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Burgers, Leftovers and a Question

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just to pass this on to other Newbies, Sunday night I tried out the recipe for Dad's Delicious Burgers (see the recipe section). The results were outstanding. Best burger I ever ate. Fellow Newbies, read and heed the "warning" though. I got just a tad bit of "poof" when I opened the lid to take the burgers off. Not burned or anything but it was kinda cool to watch -- grin![p]Couple weeks back I cooked up a brisket and had tons of left overs. Used some of the meat to make tacos which had a pretty darn good flavor. Saturday's butt turned up in last nights dinner. Many years ago there was a place in Blythville, AK - the Dixie Pig. On the menu was a "Pig Salad" which was a Chef's Salad with cold pulled pork instead of the usual ham/turkey. Last night I recreated the Pig Salad and it was as good as I remembered it.[p]Question: Do I need on the official BGE grill brushes to clean my grill or is my old brass brush ok to use?

Comments